Candle Care - Tips to Ensure Your Candle is Effeciently Burning!
There's SO much you should know when lighting a candle. Put a finger down for every one you DID know before reading this!
1. Before lighting OR re-lighting your candle, always trim your wick to 1/4 inch. Remove any wick trimmings from your candle THEN you can light her up!
2. When burning your candle for the first time, the melt pool should reach the sides of the glass. This creates a membrane for future burns and will reduce tunneling.
3. Do not burn more than 4 hours at a time. After 4 hours, the candle gets too hot and begins to evaporate fragrance oil and burn off quicker
4. Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip the wick into the melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Only blow out if wick isn't mushroomed.
5. You candle is finished when there is 1/4-1/2 inches of wax left in the jar. Burning any longer can create the jar to get too hot and possibly COMBUST.
Safety first, folks!
...How many fingers do you have left standing?